30 July 2017

This month I have been mostly...


Reading:
I've been continuing my re-read of the Chalet School books, and I'm loving them as much as ever! I'm getting towards 1/3 of the way through the series, and have now begun to read a few that I don't know like the back of my hand. And I think I need to re-read the La Rochelle books to get some of the characters straight that cross over between the two. I have a lot of other things in my to-be-read pile, but I can't seem to put the Chalet School ones down! They are really easy comfort reading, to a point, but the wartime ones have a lot more to them. I've just ordered my final missing book of the series (the second-last one), so I'm all set to continue all the way to the end!


Watching:
I've been really enjoying the Spanish series I Know Who You Are. It really keeps you guessing as to whether the main character is what he seems. I've been watching Pan Am on DVD with my parents, and I've been catching up on BBC Four's Japan season.


Doing:
My living room makeover has been going on for most of the month. It took over three weeks to paint the room, doing a bit each day in the evening. At the beginning it seemed like an insurmountable task, but slowly and surely it proceeded. Towards the end of the month I got the old black furniture uplifted by a local charity shop, and ordered most of the new stuff from Ikea, and a sofa bed chair from Made. The chair will take a bit longer to come, but luckily I got £10 off for signing up to their newsletter, which covered the extra cost of ensuring a Sunday delivery! There's still a lot to do, but the end is in sight now!

I've also had a day with my parents at Ikea, and a day out in Edinburgh with my dad - going to the exhibition of Hill and Adamson's photography, exploring some of Dad's old uni haunts, and having lunch at the Mosque Kitchen at his suggestion (which is generally where I have lunch anyway!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...