17 August 2017

Aberdour and the Hygge Hut

A friend of mine had told me about a shop that she thought I would like, the Hygge Hut in Aberdour. So one afternoon I headed there for a look. It also turned out to be the first day in weeks that it hadn't rained, and, in fact, it was gloriously sunny!
I don't remember having looked around Aberdour before, so it was lovely to have a look at somewhere different that's not far from home. I parked then headed along part of the coastal path towards the harbour area where the Hygge Hut is located.

The Hygge Hut is in a really cute wee building right at the harbour. It's quite modern and Scandinavian looking, so it's the perfect setting for a shop based on the Danish idea of hygge. 
And it's a lovely contrast to the old building opposite that houses the boat club. The Hygge Hut was lovely inside too, with lots of things I'd love to have bought. I ended up buying a notebook with a really retro print design on the cover, and a scented candle in a tin.
Along my way I saw some amazing houses, to add to my list of dream houses to live in! The beach area was lovely too, and I managed to gather a few pieces of sea glass and pottery there.
I really enjoyed my afternoon. I didn't have time to go and have a look at the castle, so I'll have to go back and do that another time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...